Cardiff Friends of the Earth group doing a local Green is Working Stunt
In constituencies across the country, campaigners asked their MPs to clean up our energy supply, meet key targets in our Climate Act and support our growing green economy by -
Supporting an amendment to the Energy Bill so it included a target to take the carbon out of our energy supply by 2030 (a ‘decarbonisation’ target)
We can keep up the local pressure and make sure MPs know that we watched this vote closely. See if your MP voted for the decarbonisation amendment (listed as the 'Ayes' or 'Rebel Voters') and email them to say thank you. If they aren't listed, then you can email them to express your disappointment.
- Find out who your MP is, and how to get in touch with them
- More on why we need a ‘decarbonisation’ target (.pdf briefing)
- Green Economy success stories in your region: Download some great Fact Sheets by Green Alliance on how the green economy is working near you (.pdf)
- See the amendments we asked MPs to sign
- A speech bubble for your MP to hold in the photo
- The amendment for MPs to sign and take to the public bill office
- Template press release if your MP signed, or hadn’t signed the amendments.
- A guide to getting local media coverage
- Green hard hats
- Details of local green businesses
3. Photo stunts without MPs: For groups whose MP couldn't (or wouldn't) attend their photo stunt, they held one anyway! They then sent their MP the photo and a press release to the local media - adding pressure onto their MP and raising public awareness of the vote.